Friday, 12 September 2014

[歐洲 蘇格蘭愛丁堡 Europe Edinburgh Scotland] Day 1 [Part 2] Lost in Edinburgh 迷失愛丁堡

「你很趕時間嗎?」我看他不停看手錶忍不住問他。就算真的趕時間都不會下飛機自已走路去目的地吧,所以急也沒用,那不如靜靜等待著吧。看得出他沒料到我突然跟他說話,我也沒料到這麼一問本來無聊枯燥的8.5小時航程好像縮短了。他微笑回答 「不,只是我很累,希望沒有其他人坐在我旁,可以睡很寬敞些。」
 
認真打量他跟他聊了一會,他那嬌柔的聲綿和男兒軀殼裡散發的荷爾蒙,我知道他很可能是同志。他的打扮跟一般在銅鑼灣的潮童一樣,架起黑色粗框眼鏡,髮型也是Sam 哥的all back 頭,沒有娘娘腔或拋眉弄眼蘭花手,但你會感到他們談吐跟麻甩不同。結果
他一句「我跟我男友在德國生活。」直接解答了我的猜測。
 
這更引發我的求知慾想分享他的故事。他男友是奧地利人,在德國工作。他與男友第一次見面是某天跟朋友到酒吧消遣,他男友當時到香港旅遊,一個人在喝酒。(他:J, 他男友: A先生)  J其實早看到A先生,但沒有勇氣主動認識,J的朋友知道就助他一把。朋友走向A先生的桌子直接告訴他J想跟他交個朋友,A先生爽快說沒問題並邀請J一起坐聊聊天,之後發生的大概也猜到吧!J 還很年青,在城大唸書,但最後因為A先生,決定退學到德國生活定居,他們打算明年結婚,真是愛得瀟灑。
 
步出機艙,立即被阿布札比候機大堂天幕吸引 [Photo 1],說它是天幕有點誇張,但那弧形天花五顏六色令我十分興奮。這裡也是我跟潮童分別的地方,他轉機往德國,我去英國。往倫敦的飛機爆滿,坐位被安排到洗手間附近和嬰兒區域,不能好好安睡,加上坐我身邊是一對中年澳洲夫婦,感受不到他們有興趣跟我聊天,我這7個小時真的難熬。
 
出發前在網絡上得知倫敦入境處對華人旅客很嚴厲,怕他們會過期居留做黑工或假結婚,所以入境職員都會多問幾句,如果倒楣有機會被問話超過半個小時。我也懷著戰戰兢兢的心情過關,幸好我只被問了幾句如來幹什麼? 會去英國那兒? 去法國嗎? 有朋友在英國嗎? 可能他看我覺得我做黑工沒人請,假結婚也沒有對象吧。哈
 
倫敦這陣子鐵路鬧罷工,因而政府打算車站機械化,減少人手運作或售票員以節省支出,所以有關人士怕失業對政府抗議。他們沒有全面罷工只有部份路線受影響,當中機場到市區的鐵路就是其中一條。我到詢問處查詢往市區的路線,職員說由於罷工有機會原本只需1小時的車程需要3小時以上才能到達及當中有些車站關閉了,轉線比較複雜,建議我轉乘機場巴士。但當我知道車票比鐵路貴三倍時,我還是決定乘鐵路碰運氣。出路遇貴人,有個居住英國的澳洲女生告訴我她也是往市區,可以跟她一起坐地鐵,否則我還在地鐵裡打轉。最後巴士轉地鐵,地鐵不停轉線,花了大概1.5小時到達市區,車費£3。
 
明天愛丁堡有一年一度的大型活動 Beltane Fire Festival,所以下午會坐巴士由倫敦出發。先到維多利亞巴士站放下背包才到市區觀光,天氣不似預期,天色昏暗,時晴時雨,這就是倫敦!看了大笨鐘,感覺就是"哦,原來是這樣!"而已。[Photo 2&3]
 
到達愛丁堡已經是凌晨1點左右,由車站往住宿地點大概步行30分鐘,但由於我人生路不熟,最後用了超過一小時才找到。希望在街上找個正常的路人問路,但試想想半夜三更正常的人都已經回家休息,怎會還在街上徘徊,只能找到買醉喝醉或流浪漢。就在巴士站,有個青年在等車,上前問路,他反而告訴我他剛被附近旅舍趕走,原因聽不懂太重英國口音,身上什麼都沒有,背包電話金錢都還在旅舍但職員禁止他回去收拾,希望我能夠幫助他。我心想我自身難保初到貴境,怎樣幫助你呢? 所以我說我現在也在找路回家,還有我聽不懂你說什麼,對不起。但最後他還是教我怎麼走,還在我背後說「我幫你了但你不幫我!!!!」
 
接待我的梳化主也替我擔心,走到街上希望可以找到我。最後我3點找到他家,跟他聊了一會,洗過澡終於4點可以睡一覺。
 
 
 
 
"Are you in a hurry?" I noticed that he looked at his watch for a couple of times, that’s why I asked. There is nothing gonna help to be hurry since we are already on board and you won’t leave the plane and walk to the destination. Why don’t you just relax and wait patiently? That's why I thought. I can tell he was amazed as I talked to him; and I wasn’t expected this break our ice and my 8.5-hour-dull flight to be a pleasant and quick journey. He smiled and replied “ No, Im just tired and hope there is no one sitting next to me, then I could have a better sleep with more space.”

Gazing at him carefully and after chatting for a while, I would say he is a gay man. It is because he talked with a soft and gentle voice and also I somehow feel his hormone is kinda unusual. His appearance is normal and not weird dressing, wearing a glasses with black frame and all back hair. I don’t see he is having those stereotypes in movie like sissy or talking with Rock n Roll hand sign. However, you can feel how different they are from the straight. Eventually I know Im right as he said “Im living in Germany with my boyfriend.”

It brought us to deeper conversation. His boyfriend is Austrian who is working in Germany. They first met at a bar in Hong Kong. His boyfriend ( Mr. A ) travelled to Hong Kong alone and went to the same bar as he ( J ) did that night. J was with his friend. J already saw Mr. A when he entered the bar, but he wasn’t brave enough to go and talk to him. Therefore, his friend help him out and told Mr. A that J would like to make friend with him. Mr. A replied sharply that he would love to and invited J to have a drink. What is happened next is predictable! J is still a young 20ish and studying in University. However, he decided to terminate the study and moved to Germany with Mr. A. They are planning to get married next year. What a awesome relationship!

I was greatly attracted by the cyclorama in the departure hall of Abu Dhabi Airport. [Photo 1] I was overwhelmed by the colorful ceiling and the hexagon pattern. I also said goodbye to J as he transited to Germany while I was heading to England. The flight to London is full. My seat is close to the toilet and next to the baby area, I cannot sleep well. The passengers next to me are a mid-aged Australian couples. It seems that they don’t have the interest talking to me, that’s why the 7-hour flight is really boring and tough.

Some Asian travellers who visited England shared their immigration experience. The staff would ask the Asian lots of questions to make sure they are not working illegally in black market or coming for faked marriage. If you are unlucky, you would be invited to the inspection room for a more than 30 mins talk. I had a very smooth check, the staff just asked me several questions like Why are you coming and where at England you are visiting? Do you have Friends here? Will you visit France? Perhaps the staff doesn’t think I have the potential to be hired or get someone to marry with.

There was Tube strike happening in London lately due to mechanization of the stations. The Government would like to cut the expenses on the wages and sundries; therefore the workers started the strike and protest against the Government. It is just a partially strike which only several lines of the Tube were affected. Unfortunately, the one connected the airport to the downtown is on list. I went to the information desk for the alternative and solution. I was recommended to take the Airport Limousine because the Tube may take me more than 3 hours to get to the town ( normally it is 1 hour ) and to transit would be complicated as some of the stations were closed.  However, I decided to try my luck on the Tube after being told the fare for Airport Limousine is 3 times more than that of the Tube.  I am always lucky bastard in a miserable situation as I met an Australian girl who is living in London, she said we could head to the town together and she will show me the way. Without her, I am sure I will be fooled around by the Tube system for a couple of hours. Finally I reached the city in 1.5 hours after getting on and off the bus to the Tube, making several switching of lines and spent only £3.

My main destination is Edinburgh. I will attend the once a year big event in Edinburgh - Beltane Fire Festival tomorrow. Therefore, I will take the Megabus from London to Edinburgh. I first loaded off my backpack at Victoria Coach Station and did some sightseeing. The weather is not nice, cloudy and rainy. But this is London, as expected. My impression of Big Ben is “Okay…”. Sometimes, imagination is better than reality. [Photo 2&3]

It is already past 1 am when the bus arrived Edinburgh. It takes 30 minutes by walk from the bus station to the accommodation; but it would take longer if you don’t know the place and not familiar with the location. It was more than 1 hour until I reached the final destination. I was hoping I could find someone for direction. But what I found most is the drunkie or homeless people in the middle of the night. Who normal people would still hover on the street at night? I saw a young man standing at the bus stop and decided to ask for help. When I was expecting he will tell me words like "straight, turn left and see the gas station....", he told me he was expelled by the hostel instead and he wasn’t allowed to pick up his belongings in the hostel. I don’t know and do not understand the reason due to his strong British accent. He has nothing, no money, no cellphone, no passport with him and asked for my help. I don’t know if it is a scam, but I cannot help him at the point as I was looking for my way home and I was really exhausted. That’s why I said sorry and go. He did point me the way, and he was yelling at my back complaining I don’t give a hand as he did nice to me.

My host was worrying about me and he tried to look for me on the street. It was about 3am when I found the place. I was super exhausted and finally went to sleep at 4am.

 

 
Photo 1 - Abu Dhabi Cyclorama
Photo 2 - Big Ben
Photo 3 - London Eye






 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. WOW, I encourage you to become a writer. Excellent job, Trian

    ReplyDelete
  2. 啲圖加返落段文度會好啲,即時有想像,可以呼應到!同埋望落唔會一大段字咁!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jay, Thank you!! Ill share my Korea trip too!! Pls be patient!!

    @Hilda, 放最底因為有中文同英文,唔想同一張圖貼兩次。我太懶!
    但你有無因為太長,無心機睇?

    ReplyDelete