I met him, a German guy from Munich, last December when he visited HK himself before heading to New Zealand to meet his friends. I was not thinking much but just wanted to show a foreigner the best of HK and make them a pleasant journey.
We just exchanged a few messages politely saying he is coming and I could show him around and fixed a time and date to meet. He chose Big Buddha in Lautau Island and I was like....OMG...seriously? It is touristic enough!!
I was expecting he will say Mongkok for local stuff or Tsim Sha Tsui to visit Bruce Lee. Well, its fine. I dont like MK nor TST neither. Now, Im just glad I didnt make up an excuse to pass it or stood him up on the day we met. I still remember the night before we meet, I was drinking load of liquor and back home at 2am. So obviously I was still having hangover when I met him and I was overslept at home. To be polite to someone you met for the first time, you have to text and say you are late. I did. He replied nicely saying it is fine and his phone is out of battery, letting me know what hes wearing so i could locate him easily when I got there. I was about 30 mins late and he was standing outside the MTR station with a black shirt and blue shorts. First impression is "Well, he looks okay. But not handsome. " lol
I was expecting he will say Mongkok for local stuff or Tsim Sha Tsui to visit Bruce Lee. Well, its fine. I dont like MK nor TST neither. Now, Im just glad I didnt make up an excuse to pass it or stood him up on the day we met. I still remember the night before we meet, I was drinking load of liquor and back home at 2am. So obviously I was still having hangover when I met him and I was overslept at home. To be polite to someone you met for the first time, you have to text and say you are late. I did. He replied nicely saying it is fine and his phone is out of battery, letting me know what hes wearing so i could locate him easily when I got there. I was about 30 mins late and he was standing outside the MTR station with a black shirt and blue shorts. First impression is "Well, he looks okay. But not handsome. " lol
So, finally we met. We spent a day together exploring the Buddha, going to the Path of Wisdom. He was an energetic guy who was jumping around the little slope and climbed up to the rock through walking a path full of weed which I didnt expect I have to do that with my broken shoes. We ended the day in Temple Street with hot clay pot rice. Im impressed that he ordered the frog rice and somehow like it too. I like this guy willing to try different kind of food.
Sending this guy to the metro, I also headed back by bus. During the bus ride, I tried to search his facebook account to know him more cos he is a nice guy. I want to stay contact with him. The next morning, I planned to visit a public event and some fair/ market. He also joined me cos he has no plan for the day. I was a bit happy cos he wanna see me again which means I didnt look awful even im in hangover situation. I didnt scared him away! So I met him twice before he left to New Zealand and everything was great. We still stayed contact during his travel, he shared hows his New Zealand trip regularly and we became friends.
Since I planned to visit Europe this year(2014), I asked him if im welcome to visit him in Munich. He said of cos! I cant tell if its a exciting out of mind or polite response, but I want to meet this guy agai
n as a friend, like as simple as what I did to other friends. So, I added Munich on my list and it will be my first stop in April. We started to talk more often and thanks he had internet in New Zealand made everything easier and we could kept track to each other. His flight back to Munich has to be stopover in HK for 6-7 hours. So he invited me for a dinner and we could meet again. It was so nice to see him and he looked already very tired of the long haul from New Zealand. We went to a dumpling shop in Central and he showed me his pictures of New Zealand and shared every bit with me. I actually felt uneasy and uncomfortable that he came so close to me when we were browsing the pictures. His head and my head have only 2cm distance. However, out of politeness, I didnt ask him to get off and endurance the distance. Time flies, it was 11ish and he needa head back to the airport for the flight. He took out a chocolate bar bought in NZ out of his backpack and gave it to me. That would be another story. I didnt know if its actually bought for me or for himself. But I accepted it and sent him to the metro again and the last word was See you in April.
When he was back to Munich, we chatted nearly everyday 24-7 and texted each other in my morning/his midnight or his morning /my afternoon. Time to visit Europe approching, I have to book my flight and found that to fly in London is cheaper than to fly out London. As a result, I decided to arrange my itinerary to pay the cheapest fare. Thats why I put Munich at the end like July. When I told him his plan, he was feeling unexpected. Later he told me he was shocked and cant believe only able to see me 3 months later as planned. Thats is why he decided to do Berlin and Poland with me. So that he could see me earlier. For me, it is totally fine and very welcome for the decision. At the same time I was thinking he really treated me as a good friend and obviously he has so many holidays! He even takes holiday in July when I visit Munich. Here, you will think that is more than good friends should do. I kept telling myself he is just being nice, thats what he did to everyone. I dont expect anything to happen and dont want it neither as it would be complicated if started.
Until the day I was texting him while waiting for a friend in London Victoria Station, he told me he doesnt feel good as I was staying with my guy friend in the same apartment. He was jealous and cant hold to tell me his feeling until see me in person in Berlin. Thats the moment I confirmed he likes me. I was feeling uneasy again, I cant believe its happening. I was not sure how I feel and what I want mainly because of the long distance issue in long term. So, before we met in Berlin, I told myself I have to think carefully what I need. It will be fair to both of us.
One night when I was in Belgium, I was checking FB. He got some tagged photos by a Taiwan girl. She is cute and looks nice, he seems having great fun together and the girl is sweet. Is that jealousy? I was not angry, but grumbling among myself for a while. The feeling started become clearer when I finally saw him in Berlin. My bus was almost arrived at the stop and I already saw him waiting at the stop. He looked different, I found him handsome this time. And most importantly, my heartbeat somehow going very fast and hands were shaking! I know there is something happened. But I want to observe for a bit to confirm. He is patience, waiting for my response since that conversation in London. I was feeling good and comforable to stay with him, everything went well, smooth and fast. Relationship started naturally without planned. Its really unexpected to me.
You understand a person better through travelling because you will see him/her 24-7. We spent 3 weeks together. I was able to see more of him which he didnt show in HK. He also accepted who I am totally. I am glad that he decided to join me earlier. It was sad we have to say goodbye and we continue our own journey. But he told me, I need sometime to be alone and we will meet again soon. Sad is sad, you have to admit it. I was thinking I cant do it without him. Somehow I managed to go back to my track with his positive encouragement. And today is the big day of 1 month.
You know that, I love you. When I said I was glad you joined my journey, and you will always say "Thank you for inviting me to join you. " You are always humble and positive. Making people feel good is always what you do. You made me feel I dont deserve to have such a nice man. And I will say "Thank you for choosing me❣"
See you in July and we will celebrate the 2nd big day together❢
Original Post - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=562951663815471&set=a.107878569322785.14928.100003019288006&type=1&theater

No comments:
Post a Comment