今天沒有特別安排行程,只打算隨便在城市中走走,看到喜歡的就停下來,累了就休息,任由雙腳帶我到處走。旅程只是來到第7天就找個藉口來放輕腳步,調整心情,讓大腦休息一下。
I didn’t plan to do anything special today.
Just wandered around the city randomly, stayed and rest somewhere the feet
brought me. It is just the 7th day of the trip and I am looking for
an excuse to slow down, adjust my mind and let the brain take a rest.
我一直走到大英博物館。這是倫敦其中一家有名的博物館,於1753年建成,是倫敦最有歷史和最大的博物館。
I kept walking until I saw British Museum. This
is one of the famous museums in London. It is built in 1753 and the biggest
museums in London with long history.
![]() |
| 人面獅身像 The Sphinx |
![]() |
| 彩繪套棺 Painted Coffin |
埃及、希臘和羅馬雕塑吸引著我的眼球。能夠親身近距離觀看木乃伊的感覺很不真實,看著繪畫在頭盔上的雙眼,我感到一陣涼意,在幻想他們還有生命只是剛睡著,就像電影「翻生侏羅館」中所有展品到晚上就重生,一起開party。所有埃及展品的充滿著神秘感。希臘是我一直想到的國家,高處俯瞰地中海、倚山而建的藍頂小屋和希臘神話都是我嚮往的。大英博物館的確很大,搜羅了世界各地的文物。如果你真的想一一細心欣賞,你必定需要花幾天的時間留在這裡。
The Egyptian and Greece & Roman
sculptures really attracted me. What an amazing thing to see the mummies so
close. I looked at their eyes on the painted helmet, then I felt awkward and
imaging they were still alive but sleeping at the moment. It is like the movie –
Night at the museum, they will all be alive at night and having parties. Everything
in the Egyptian exhibition is full of mystery. Greece is a country I would
really love to visit because of overlooking of Mediterranean Sea, pure white cottages
with sharp blue rounded rooftop along the hill, Greek mythology. It is a really
spacious museum with various exhibitions all over the world. If you really want
to have a detailed look of all of them, you have to spend a few days here.
British Museum is closed to British
Library. However, it is closed as today is the Bank Holiday. I used to visit library
often when I was in Hong Kong, as a result, I decided to come again next time.
「旅遊時你最愛看什麼做什麼?」這是經常被問及的問題。我喜歡在街走走看看,也許可以發掘到旅遊書沒提及的秘密花園。我會因為看到一些藝術品而感到滿足或是被一個在地上的金屬小設計吸引,然後不停拍照。我期望看到城市以外的綠洲也不想走進百貨公司。各種各樣的原因,有時你根本不明白或不同意他人的想法,因為那些對你來說並沒有價值。
“What do you like to do and see when you
are travelling?” This is a question I was often asked. I like walking on the
street to explore more of the cities and maybe I could dig out some secret
spots which are not mentioned in the tourist guide. I am happy enough to see
some interesting arts and could be attracted by a little metal signs on the
ground, which ended up taking lots of pictures of them. I expected to see the
nature of the cities rather than staying in shopping mall. There are different
reasons to travel, sometimes you may not understand and agree with the others’
thought because it just has no value to you.










No comments:
Post a Comment