Monday, 8 September 2014

All about Croatia

Croatia, the main destination in the whole Europe trip. I have spent 17 days (half a month) and visited Zagreb, Varazdin, Ivanec, Pula, Rovinj, Zadar, Plitvice Lake, Dubrovnik where Dubrovnik was the most looking forward city I would love to visit. It was just so famous. Turned out I have unforgettable memory here, but in a negative way. Its a city for short stay like 1 day because you wouldnt have much chance to discover the dark side of the city, but leaving with regret and good memory of how nice people are and how beautiful the town is. And still hoping to come back one day.
 
All in all, I have a good time in Rovinj, Ivanec and Zadar with different reasons which I didn't expected before I come.

Rovinj, a small town next to the northern coast. It gets famous especially among Asian because the Canon 7D advertisement was flimed here. It was about an Asian girl travelled alone and walked around the alley of the old town to ask local taking a picture for her in some signature spots. You would regret coming here for nice picture and browsing the colorful houses on the water. The seafood here is cheap too, compared to the other coastal cities I have been to. I feel regret not able to spend a night here to explore more. Maybe if I did, I will discover the dark
side again. That would be another story.



 


Ivanec, a super small town which smaller than Tuen Mun where I live. Everywhere is in managable walking distance. I was there because I met a Croatian on Facebook Hitchhiking group while I was in Hongkong and he is a nice one we decided to hitchhike together in Italy. I spent 3 days with him and he tried his best to be a good guide. As I said Ivanec is a small town which you dont expect much could do here, but he somehow made the 3 days an unforgettable stay and able to arrange various activities everyday. I got drunk in his friend's vineyard, pee in between the vine fields managed not to roll down from the hill, tried my first hitchhike experience, relaxing a day in a paradise, sleeping under the sun in a forest with river aside and bird singing, freaking out the whole night when I slept at a dr_g dealer house who wanna have 3some with me. Everything happened here is out of my expectation.
  
 
Zadar, was just a reason for me to go to Plitvice Lake as a stopover. But I ended up staying for 6 days. The sunset here is beautiful and the coast water is clean and clear without trash compare the awful situation in Dubrovnik. And I dont smell wee everywhere in the alley or from the wind. I enjoy swimming next to the sea organ, diving into the water in the afternoon, walking around the ancient city with historical remains. I especially thanks my love spending 3 days with me here which make the city and every memory more beautiful.

 
I would definitely come back to Croatia again to explore more undiscovered cities and Islands.

Original Post - https://www.facebook.com/notes/tri-anne/all-about-croatia/569158576528113 
 

 

 


 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment