Monday, 15 September 2014

[歐洲 蘇格蘭愛丁堡 Europe Edinburgh Scotland] Day 2 Foggy Edinburg 濃霧愛丁堡

早上起床看見外邊煙霧迷漫,隔著玻璃窗也感到外面的寒氣。一定要多加衣服,人在異鄉要好好照顧自己。
Weather is cold and misty in the first morning in Edinburgh. Although Im inside, I can feel the chil and wet weather in the house. I should wear enough warmth clothes and not to get sick. Take good care of yourself when you are travelling is very crucial.
 
 
 出門第一件事就是要認識英國貨幣,一來購物時盡快找到所需硬幣,二來多使用硬幣減輕錢包重量。
The first thing to do before starting my day is to get to know the local currency. It helps you to be more convenience when shopping, uses the less time to choose the right coins. Also, it could release the weight of your wallet, not to carry lots of coins with you.
 
 
這就是沙發主的家,他是西班牙人,在愛丁堡讀大學。我就是睡在圖中的沙發,就連沙發也是蘇格蘭常見的格仔圖案。
This is the house of my host. He is Spanish who is studying in Edinburgh. I was sleeping on the sofa with the tartan pattern.

 
 
離開家外的大街,時間尚早,加上不是遊客區,所以一個人也沒有。
The main street outside the compound I lived. Since it is not a touristic area and it is still early, there are no one on the street.
 
 

路上經過櫻花樹
Is that Sakura??



這裡比倫敦更冷,所以要全副武裝以免生病。
Here is cooler than that in London. I should wear enough to keep warm.


 
白天的愛丁堡跟晚上的很不一樣,清楚看到近千年的建築,遊走於歷史之中。愛丁堡其實不大,用走路的方式已經可以遊覽城市,跟許多歐洲城市一樣,這裡也分成新城區和舊城區,當然遊客都多集中在舊城區觀光。其中高街就是最熱鬧的主要集購物餐廳的街道。
The day time Edinburgh is different than that at night. You could see clearly the thousand years architectures, walking in the history. Edinburgh is not a big city, you could enjoy the historical town on foot. Most of the cities in Europe are divided into New Town and Old Town, same to Edinburgh. Most of the tourists are mainly in the Old Town for sightseeing, especially in High Street when you could find lots of shops and restaurants.
 


被濃霧包圍的愛丁堡舊城區
Fully covered by mist in the Old Town



蘇格蘭經常下雨,當地人習以為常。
Local are used to the miserable weather.

在街上隨意走著,四周感覺似曾相識,原來就是昨晚經過的大街。就是在這裡遇上那被青年旅社趕走的年青人。
Wandering around street and feeling familiar, this is the street I came across when I was lost last night. I met the British guy who was expelled by the hostel.

昨天晚上經過這紀念碑
The monument where I walked by last night

 
由於天氣不太好,大部份時間我都留在室內,去參觀博物館避雨和取暖,之後去了愛丁堡城堡拍照。在細雨濃霧下的愛丁堡城堡特別陰森。
Due to the unpleasant weather, I spent my day mainly in the museums. I visited several art museums and historical museum, it is a good option when it rains cat and dog outside. I also went to the Castle and the Castle is spooky with fog and rain.
 


突然霧散
Fog gone all of a sudden

 

俯瞰愛丁堡建築
Overlook the architecture in Edinburgh

  
 博物館照片 Photos of Museum
 

2014 最潮時裝
Fashion in 2014




可愛的長頸鹿
Giraffe >W<

 
 
相約了2位沙發客一起參加晚上Beltane Fire Festival。Beltane Fire Festival是愛丁堡每年在4月30日舉行的活動,目的是為迎接夏天的來臨。表演圍繞舞蹈、人體彩繪、聖火傳送,以故事形式表達。就我所知,所有表演者都是自願性質,不收分文,為的就是給予愛丁堡一個愉快的晚上和一起歡迎夏季的來臨。活動地點在Calton Hill,晚上氣溫相信只有5度,不時括起一陣風。
 I scheduled to meet two other surfers and head to the Beltane Fire Festival together. Beltane Fire Festival held every 30 April in Edinburgh. It aimed at welcoming the beginning of Summer. The performance included dancing, body painting and fire relay. It delivered in a story telling way. As far as I know, all the paticipants perform voluntarily without pay. They just wanna share the joy and embrace the summer together with Edinburgh, giving everyone a happy evening. The performance held in Calton Hill, I believe the temperature is around 5 degree at night. It would be more cold when there is wind.
 
 
 
當我跟其他觀眾都把最厚的衣服都穿上,擠在人群中仍然牙關打震時,表演者幾乎都衣著單薄,有的更是脫光光真是形成一個強烈的對比。
When all the audience have the warmest clothes on and squeezed to the crowd, but still freezing to death, the participants are wearing a thin layer over the body or even naked. It is really a hugh contrast.
 
 
 

全情投入的表演者
Full involved in the performance



精心打扮的表演者
Dressing up and with body paint



衣著單薄,不懼寒風
Covered by the thin layer under the chilling weather

 
整晚表演都十分精彩,在山上不同的角落都同時有表演進行,觀眾四處來回走動為求可以看到更多精彩部份,不希望會錯過任何情節。表演大概凌晨結束,我也帶著疲憊身躺回家休息。
The entire performance was better than perfect. Different events were happening in various corners over the mountain. Audience ran back and forth, from one point to another point to make sure they didn't miss any part. The show ended in mid-night and I was heading home with fatigue.
 
其他相片 Others
 

金色郵筒 Gold Post Box

 
 
 

與風笛手合照
Picture with piper

 
 

42吋長美腿
42" slim leg




不停下著毛毛細雨
little rain on the street

 

飽覽愛丁堡全景
Great view over Edinburgh



No comments:

Post a Comment