還因而時差早上六時,我已經醒來。昨晚我的沙發主在Beltane Fire Festival後去了慶祝沒有回來。我以為整晚只有我在家,直至突然有個男人走進客廳我才知道原來昨晚不只我一人。他是Cuba,波蘭人,沙發主的室友,也是在愛丁堡唸大學。這幾星期在準備考試,所以前幾天沒有跟他碰面,因為我在睡覺時他已經到圖書館,晚上他回家我還在外面,到我回家他已經回到自己房間。就在他準備午餐盒時我們開始交談。他給我的感覺得和藹可親,感覺我好像跟他已經是很好的朋友會分享任何事,跟他聊天我感到很舒服。
6AM. I woke up due to jetlag. Because my host was out last night to celebrate after the festival, I was thinking I was home alone until another guy shown up in the living room in the morning. He is Cuba from Poland, roommate of my host, also from CS. He is studying in Edinburgh and preparing the exam recently. This is also the reason why I never saw him the last few days because he went to the library early morning while I was sleeping, then came back in the evening while I was still outside. By the time I came back, he was in his room, like yesterday. He was preparing his lunch box in the kitchen and we started having conversation. He is very nice and I felt very comfortable to talk to him, it seems like we are already good friend and shared everything.
6AM. I woke up due to jetlag. Because my host was out last night to celebrate after the festival, I was thinking I was home alone until another guy shown up in the living room in the morning. He is Cuba from Poland, roommate of my host, also from CS. He is studying in Edinburgh and preparing the exam recently. This is also the reason why I never saw him the last few days because he went to the library early morning while I was sleeping, then came back in the evening while I was still outside. By the time I came back, he was in his room, like yesterday. He was preparing his lunch box in the kitchen and we started having conversation. He is very nice and I felt very comfortable to talk to him, it seems like we are already good friend and shared everything.
我覺得他應該也是同性戀者,繼飛機上的第一位,他便是第二位。結果又中了!我懷疑我身體是否安裝了同性戀探測器,當有目標時會觸發警報。他男人在新加坡,是一場長途戀愛,計劃畢業後他會到新加坡生活。跟他相處的時間很快樂,可惜下午我便要離開愛丁堡。說你好也是說再見的時候。我會想念他。
I have the feeling he is another gay man after the one I met on the plane. I was right again. I wonder if I have a homosexual sense inside my body, the alarm will be triggered once it is positive. His partner is in Singapore, they are having a long distance relationship and he is planning to move to Singapore after the study. It was a very nice conversation with him but sadly I have to leave today. It was a hello and goodbye in a short time. I will miss him.
I have the feeling he is another gay man after the one I met on the plane. I was right again. I wonder if I have a homosexual sense inside my body, the alarm will be triggered once it is positive. His partner is in Singapore, they are having a long distance relationship and he is planning to move to Singapore after the study. It was a very nice conversation with him but sadly I have to leave today. It was a hello and goodbye in a short time. I will miss him.
![]() |
| 愛丁堡北橋 Edinburgh North Bridge |
![]() |
| 愛丁堡北橋古建築 Edinburgh North Bridge Historical Architecture |
我在愛丁堡的舊城區已經熟路了。我被蘇格蘭的建築和文化深深吸引,毛毛細雨也是這個城市的特色。我猜我已經愛上了愛丁堡。我欣賞這裡的僱主沒有因為員工手臂上有紋身而不聘用或因為鼻上/眼眉穿環而對員工有偏見。因而他們也許比員工有更多紋身或穿環。每人都敬業樂業,沒有因而從事低下階層或勞動力的工作而感到不快,只要有一份工作,他們就已滿足。走在街上也不難發現有些工人是年青人。也許因而失業率高,找工作不容易,所以他們都會珍惜所擁有。不然就整天在街上跑步溜狗過日晨。
I was already familiar with the streets of old town in Edinburgh. I was also attracted by the architecture and culture in Scotland, the rainy weather is also a specialty of this lovely city. I guess I have fallen in love with Edinburgh. I appreciated the employers would not refuse to hire someone because he/she has tattoo on the arm or discriminate someone because he/she has a pierce on his nose or eyebrow. The employers may have more tattoo or pierces than the employees. People are already happy and satisfied if they could have a job no matter it is a low skill job or manual work as cleaner on the street, painter or construction worker. It is also common and easy to find those workers are young. Maybe it is because there is high unemployment rate and getting a job is hard, they treasure what they have. Otherwise, they will go running or walk the dog in the day time and to kill time.
I was already familiar with the streets of old town in Edinburgh. I was also attracted by the architecture and culture in Scotland, the rainy weather is also a specialty of this lovely city. I guess I have fallen in love with Edinburgh. I appreciated the employers would not refuse to hire someone because he/she has tattoo on the arm or discriminate someone because he/she has a pierce on his nose or eyebrow. The employers may have more tattoo or pierces than the employees. People are already happy and satisfied if they could have a job no matter it is a low skill job or manual work as cleaner on the street, painter or construction worker. It is also common and easy to find those workers are young. Maybe it is because there is high unemployment rate and getting a job is hard, they treasure what they have. Otherwise, they will go running or walk the dog in the day time and to kill time.
![]() |
再次登上Calton Hill,這裡的景色真的很壯麗。這更令我愛上愛丁堡,只能停留兩日真的很可惜。我一定會再探訪蘇格蘭!
Heading to Calton Hill again is a good decision because the view and scenery is really awesome. It just made me love Edinburgh more and feeling sad to just spend two days here. I would love to come back to Scotland!!!
Heading to Calton Hill again is a good decision because the view and scenery is really awesome. It just made me love Edinburgh more and feeling sad to just spend two days here. I would love to come back to Scotland!!!
![]() |
| 登山中 Hiking up to the top |
![]() |
| 愛丁堡市 Edinburgh City |
![]() |
| 昨天Festival遺留的佈置 The skull was left after the Festival |
![]() |
| 又落起雨 It rained again |
![]() |
| 瞭望台 Lookout Tower |
一個人旅遊的好處是你能夠自由分配自己的時間,不需要擔心要顧及同行朋友的感受。你可以站在高峯一小時就是為了拍下銀河,又或者躲在草叢裡等待蝴蝶採花蜜的一刻,任由蚊叮蟲咬。我便傻傻的站在大街對著大樹不停按快門,因為我想拍下花瓣散落在半空的一刹那。
The advantage to travel alone is that you can allocate your time as you want without annoying your friends. It could be an hour standing on top of the mountain for the galaxy or hiding in the bush, letting the mosquito bite you because you want to capture the butterfly gathered honey. I was standing on the main street and pressing the shuttle for tons of time because I wanted to capture the falling petal from the trees.
The advantage to travel alone is that you can allocate your time as you want without annoying your friends. It could be an hour standing on top of the mountain for the galaxy or hiding in the bush, letting the mosquito bite you because you want to capture the butterfly gathered honey. I was standing on the main street and pressing the shuttle for tons of time because I wanted to capture the falling petal from the trees.
![]() |
| 滿地花瓣 Petal all over the ground |
![]() |
| 不停拍出最美的 Keep capturing the best picture |
跟愛丁堡說再見我便前往格拉斯哥。黃昏便己到達。今次的沙發主是Ana,巴西人。他在格拉斯哥唸書住在宿舍,所以我就在大學宿舍借宿了。這是一次有趣的經驗,我在香港唸大學時從來沒有入住宿舍。這裡就像一個大家庭,大部份室友都是巴西女孩加一個西班牙女孩。我也想不起有多小女孩在客廳來回走過,也不記得自我介紹了多小遍。但有一點我肯定就是每個人都知道我是誰和十分歡迎我。她們像一個大家庭什麼也能討論一番,男人、造飯、考試、在圖書館聽到的是非、格拉斯哥、那蘇格蘭口音開玩笑,我也感到她們的快樂和歡笑。當我告訴她們我明天會跟一個蘇格蘭男見面,他會帶我四處遊覽,她們立即興奮起來。
Saying goodbye to Edinburgh, I was in Glasgow in the evening and found a CS host. She is Ana who is Brazilian. Since she is studying in Glasgow and living in the dorm, I was staying at the university dormitory. It is really an interesting experience. I never stay in the dormitory when I studied in Hong Kong, It was like a big family among all the housemates. Her housemates are mostly Brazilian with one Spanish girl. I cannot remember how many girls were walking in and out of the dorm and how many times I have introduced myself. But one thing I am sure is all of them knew about me and welcome my stay. As I said, they are like a big family and talked about everything, guys, cooking, exams, the gossip they heard in the library, Glasgow, making fun of Scottish accent….all I feel is joyful and laughter. They were extremely excited when I told them I will meet a Scottish guy tomorrow and he will show me around.
Saying goodbye to Edinburgh, I was in Glasgow in the evening and found a CS host. She is Ana who is Brazilian. Since she is studying in Glasgow and living in the dorm, I was staying at the university dormitory. It is really an interesting experience. I never stay in the dormitory when I studied in Hong Kong, It was like a big family among all the housemates. Her housemates are mostly Brazilian with one Spanish girl. I cannot remember how many girls were walking in and out of the dorm and how many times I have introduced myself. But one thing I am sure is all of them knew about me and welcome my stay. As I said, they are like a big family and talked about everything, guys, cooking, exams, the gossip they heard in the library, Glasgow, making fun of Scottish accent….all I feel is joyful and laughter. They were extremely excited when I told them I will meet a Scottish guy tomorrow and he will show me around.
![]() |
| 於格拉斯哥的大學 Glasgow- University |
![]() |
| 宿舍共用空間 Dorm Common Area |
![]() |
| 小巴西 Little Brazil |
其他相片 Others Picture
![]() |
| 第一眼以為是威化/ 格仔餅 I thought it is waffle at the first sight |
![]() |
| 哎吖!! Ouch!!! |
![]() |
| 長命樓梯 Breath killing stair |
































No comments:
Post a Comment