在巴士上睡了數小時,醒來時只是清晨5點。窗外的天空很晴朗而且還看到日出,頓時所有疲勞和時差都一掃而空。
I was able to sleep for a couple of hours
on the bus. At 5am I saw the sunrise out of the window and the sky was so clear.
My tiredness and jet lag has been swept clean by the extraordinary view on the
road.
“(上午)10點” 收到朋友傳來的訊息。他是Ciao,我跟他上年在香港認識。第一次自我介紹時我覺得他的名字很搞笑。如果要跟他說你好或再見,就會變成”Ciao Ciao” [Ciao在意大利文指你好/再見] 我來倫敦都是因而跟他見面。我一直都沒打算到訪英國,直至上年遇上了他,當他知道我會到歐洲旅行就建議我來倫敦玩。我將會在他家住兩個星期,約了一會跟他在車站見面。
“10am?” I received a text message from a
friend I met in Hong Kong. He is Ciao. The first time he introduced himself, I
found his name funny. If I say hi or bye to him, I will have to say “Ciao Ciao”.
He is actually the reason I travelled to London. I never fancy about coming to
Britain until I met him last year in Hong Kong and he suggested me to come when
he knew that I will have my Europe Tour. I will stay at his place for 2 weeks
and he will pick me up at the train station later.
巴士9:30am已經到了Victoria Coach Station。當我打算在站內找洗手間發生了有趣的事情。在歐洲的洗手間多數要收費。因為我沒有足夠硬幣所以要跟廁所長換零錢,但當他見到我手上的£5紙幣立即拒絕並打開閘口給我進入。其他旅客看到雖然沒有作聲,但都以眼神提出疑問,而廁所長同樣沒有作聲,若無其事把門關上並指向人群意思是”怎樣?繼續排隊吧!“
My bus arrived at Victoria Coach station at
9:30am and something happened at the station. I was looking for a toilet at the
station and most of the public toilets in Europe need to pay. Unfortunately I
don’t have any coins with me and tried to get the change with a £5 notes from the conductor of the toilet. He immediately refused for
the notes and simply opened up the gate to let me in. Other travelers saw that said
nothing but gave him a gaze as wonder and he also didn’t say a word just closed
the gate as normal and pointed to the line meaning “What? Keep in line.”
我在Victoria Station等了超過一小時,十分肚餓。我沒有收到Ciao的消息也不知道為什麼這麼久他還未出現。正當我等著,我認識了一對加拿大老夫婦,他們年過60,現在一起暢遊英國,十年前到過中國。他們問我中國是否還跟十年前一樣? 又說他們的子女都已經長大和成家立室,現在正好可以兩口子去旅行,享受二人世界。我也希望當我年老時可以有人和我一起旅行。家人、子女,孩子不會永遠陪伴著自己,因為他們有自己的人生和建立自己的家庭。但伴侶就是那個跟你一生一世的人,跟你共渡餘生。
I was waiting with hunger at Victoria
station for over an hour. I didn’t receive any news from Ciao and had no idea
what took him so long. While I was waiting, I met a Canadian old couple who are
over 60. They told me they are travelling around UK at the moment and have been
to China ten years ago. They are wondering if China is still the same as a
decade ago and told me their kids had grown up and have their own family. This
is the time for themselves to enjoy their own time and have vacation. I would
love to have someone to travel with when I am old. Parents, sibling, children
will not stay with you for the whole life coz they will leave you for their
lives and build up their family. Partner will be the one staying with you
forever and spend the life with you.
我心情受饑餓和Ciao的沒音訊影響,變得很差。我跟他聯絡也沒有回覆,開設感到無聊,想找個人談天。我跟德國朋友Moritz發訊息。我跟他去年十二月在香港認識,他人很好,我們一直也有保持聯絡。我們還會一起到柏林和波蘭玩。當他知道我將會留宿在Ciao,他立即追問他是否我的好朋友? 然後還直接發我一段錄音,內容大致是他對我有強烈的感覺,他知道那感覺是大於好朋友,他夢見我,想著我、想跟我一起。當我跟男性朋友見面,他會妒忌。天啊! 這是告白嗎? 我應該怎樣做?我很迷茫。我喜歡這個人,但…還有心結。如果你有興趣知道接下來發生什麼事情,可以按這裡窺看結局。
My mood was getting worse as I was getting
hungry and Ciao hadn’t shown up while time gone. I texted him but no reply and
I was feeling bored and looked for a friend to chat with. I texted a German
guy, Moritz, who I met last Dec in Hong Kong. He is a nice guy and we kept
contact with each other and we scheduled to travel from Berlin to Poland
together. When he knew that I will stay with Ciao, he promptly asked who is
this friend, a good one? He then sent me a recording and the content is about
he has a strong feeling on me which is more than just good friend. He dreamt of
me, think of me and wanna be with me. If I am going to meet some guy friends,
he will be jealous. OMG…this is a confession?!! What should I do now? I was
feeling uneasy. I like this guy as a friend, but…I have my concern. If you
wanna know what happened next, you could click here for peeking the ending.
Ciao在一個半小時後姍姍來遲。他說因為受地鐵罷工影響加上地鐵信號接受不良,所以未能通知我。我以為能跟他見面是一件高興的事,但事實我再見到他不是很高興。我承認我是感到沮喪,因為他有女朋友,而且他會在我留宿期間搬到女友家居住。為什麼他不早一點告訴我?而是待我人到到倫敦才說?他認為這樣親身說很有禮貌吧。我不想再跟他說話,我覺得如果他不在家,我留在他家也沒有意思。我根本不想自己一個人。我來是探望他,但他重色輕友。我決定Plan B!!!
So Ciao was finally here after an hour and
a half late. He said it is because of the strike of Tube and reception is bad
inside the underground so he has no way to let me know. I thought it would be a
happy thing to meet him but the truth is I was feeling bad to see him again. I
have to admit that I was frustrated because he has a girlfriend and he told me
he will move to his girlfriend’s during my stay. Why didn’t he tell me before
but only when I have actually arrived? Does he think it is more polite to tell
face to face? Anyways, I do not want to talk to him and it is not making sense
to stay at his place if he is not here. I don’t like staying alone. I came to
catch up with him, but he just has his girl in his eyes. I needed to have plan
B!!!
![]() |
| 享受陽光 Enjoying the Sun |
![]() |
| 倫敦塔景 View to Tower Bridge |
把背包放下就回到市區。由於Ciao要工作和晚一點跟女朋友見面,他沒有留下陪我。我自己一個沒有問題加上晚上我也跟香港的朋友見面,參加Jack the Ripper步行團。能跟香港人在異地見面和說廣東話,感覺很親切。步行團要£7。導遊會帶你走遍東倫敦的小巷去說故事。Jack the Ripper 是個妓女連環殺手,於1888年東倫敦區謀殺了5個妓女。這宗案件在超過100年後還為人熟悉。
We headed back to the city after I have
loaded off my backpack at his place. Since Ciao has to work and meet his
girlfriend later in the afternoon, he did not stay with me for the rest of the
day. It is also fine cuz I will meet a couple of Hong Kong friends for the Jack
the Ripper night tour. It was very nice to see people from Hong Kong and we
could finally speak Cantonese! The tour costs £7. The tour is a night walk over different alleys in London and the
guide will tell you stories about the serial killer, Jack the Ripper, murdered
5 prostitutes in the East End of London in 1888. It was a very famous crime
even after more than 100 years.
步行團後,我們決定到河邊看倫敦夜景。晚上氣溫下降,加上刮風其實很冷。但大家都不停拍照也很享受倫敦的夜晚。我也忘記了中午時的氣憤,覺得有更多值得我去留意和花時間的美好事情等著我,不要把時間和精神浪費在這小事上,困擾自己。
After the tour, we decided to go to the
river side for the night view of London. The weather was really chilly and
windy at night but everyone was having fun and took lots of photos. I also
forgot the anger I had in the afternoon and realized that there are more
beautiful things ahead happening and waiting for me. I should not use my time
to puzzle myself.
是騙案嗎?
Is that a scam?!?!
當時我獨自在街上走,看到小巷有些特別的展品決定進去看一看拍張照。我清楚記得我附近沒有人,但當我走進小巷,突然聽到一聲”不好意思”,有個中東”遊客”手持地圖跟相機站在我身後。我真的被嚇了一跳但也替他拍照。當我正拿著他的地圖告訴他方向時,有兩個中東樣貌的男人出現,聲稱自己是英國警察。他們懷疑我們在進行毒品交易要搜查我們的物品。我還未攪清發生什麼事那中東”遊客”已經把手機銀包褲袋裡的垃圾掏出來給檢查。最後當然他被放行就剩下我一個。他們先要我出示護照,然後要我打開手袋檢查,接下來就是要我把錢包差出來看我有沒有收藏毒品。我當時很害怕他們會一手拿走我的錢然後逃跑,所以十分不情願。加上他們沒有英國口音,我很懷疑他們是否真的是警察。但另一方面,我怕如果我不照辦,我會有危險!他們拿起我的錢並放在鼻前嗅一嗅。假如他們真的偷我的錢,我已經做好準備起動追跑。但那沒有發生,他們把錢放回我銀包並讓我離開。我到現在也不知道他們是否真是警察,也不知道那”遊客”是否也是遊客,或許這是一個陷阱。也許他們覺得為£30[~HKD379]而打刧不太值得。
I was walking alone on the street and found
some arts inside an alley. I noticed that there are not much people near me and
there is no one in the alley. However, I heard “Excuse Me” suddenly when I
entered the alley. A middle east “tourist” popped up behind me with a map and
camera. I was frightened by his sudden exist at my back but I took a picture
for him. When I tried to show him the direction on his map, two other middle
east looking guys popped up in front of us and claimed they are British police.
The police said they suspense we were having drug trade and requested to search
our bags. I did not know what was happening but the “tourist” already dug out
his wallet, phone, crap in the pocket for checking and he was asked to go
afterwards. And now only I left? I was asked to show my passport and open my
bag for checking. Then they asked to take out my wallet to see if I have any
drug hidden. I was so scared if they will grab my money and ran away. I really
don’t want to do it as I doubt why they didn’t have British accent if they are
really British police. On the other hand, I was afraid I will be in danger if I
don’t follow their instructions. I looked at them holding my money from my
purse and sniffed it and got ready to chase if they really took my money. What
I imagined didn’t happen cuz they put all money back and let me go. I have no
clue if they are police and if that tourist is really tourist or it is actually
a trap. Maybe they think it is not worth to rob me as I just have£30 in my purse.
下回預告: 6年後,終於跟前度見面x我愛東倫敦
Coming up on Tomorrow: Finally met my
Ex-boyfriend after 6 years x Love East London









No comments:
Post a Comment