沙發主是個廿多歲的克羅地亞男生。從其他人留下的評語知道他會向沙發客收取每晚 €5用作他們使用室內的水電煤費用。 €5真的不多,但這樣違反了Couchsurfing的宗旨。他從未跟我提及過收費的問題,跟他見面後,我會等待他開口提出向我收費。
My host is a young 20ish Croatian. I read from the reference that he charges surfer €5/ night because of the electricity, water and gas consume. €5 is not much money, but it is totally violate the objective of couchsurfing. And he never mentioned to me about the fee in the pervious conversation. I will wait and see how he will bring up this topic when I see him.
他的住所跟Hostel只是一街之隔,我可以走路去十分方便。我約好了他12時到達。他看起來有點跟平常人不一樣,這樣說好像不太禮貌,但我第一個反應是懷疑他是否有輕度弱智。由他的笑容、眼神和臉部表情看來總是覺得有點不對勁。他沒有跟我提及 €5的問題,只是直接把我帶到我的房間。
His apartment is just across the road of the hostel, it is quite convenience to walk to there. I arrived at his place at 12noon. He looked a little bit different from normal people. I am sorry to say that, but my first impression on him was doubting if he is retarded. His smile, eye contact and facial expression made me think that there is something wrong on him. Anyways, he still did not mention the €5 fee but showed me to my room directly.
他住上一層,廚房浴室都在同一層。他有把主要房間的門鎖上的習慣,他之前打開我房間的鎖,之後又打開上層大門的鎖。對我來說有點奇怪,因為你絕不會在自己家把房門鎖上。感覺上這裡不像家,反而更像監獄。
He lives on the upper floor and the kitchen and washroom also on the same floor. I found that he has the practise to lock the door of the main rooms. First he unlock my room, then he unlock the main door of the upper floor as well. It is quite strange for me because you should not do it in a place belongs to you. It doesn't feel like home to me, but a prison.
我們聊了一會,得知他剛大學畢業主修農務,還在找工作。現時在唸英語,希望能提高水平。他更把一些英語作業給我看,看得出他很有決心把英語說好。由於他父母明天到訪,他請我和他一起外出到朋友家借車,待明天早上到車站接父母。然後他在舊城區把我放下,讓我自己遊覽。
We chatted for a while and I knew that he graduated from Uni a few years ago and he studied agriculture. He tried hard to find a job but still did not have one. Currently he is studying English to improve his standard. He even showned me his homework and he worked so hard. Since his parents will visit him tomorrow, he went out with me to get the car from a friend so he could pick up his parents tomorrow morning. He then dropped me off at the old town which I spent the whole day alone.
在車上,他終於打開 €5收費的盒子,他指自己一星期會接待五次。越多客人表示越多支出。由於他現在沒工作沒收入,沒有足夠金錢去付雜費帳單,所以他會請沙發客跟他分擔支出。有七成到訪者均願意支付並會給予正面評價,其餘三成則拒絕付款也不會留下任何評價。然後他問我的看法,我沒有把真心話告訴他,因為我正身處他的車內也不想激怒他。但我真的想過給他金錢因為他真是個人品不錯的人,對客人真的很細心。他更給我煮了一個很美味的午餐。 €5當作是同情他的遭遇吧。
In the car, he finally brought up the topic of €5 by telling me he hosted 5 times a week and the more he hosted, the most expensive the bills are. As he has no job at the moment, he does not have enough money for the bills, so he would request the surfers to share with him. 70% of his guests would pay him the fee and also leaving him a good comment, while 30% rejected to pay and no comment left. Then he asked what do I think. I didn't not tell him my thought because I was in his car and I did not want to piss him off. However, I really thought about giving him money because he is a nice guy and taking good care of the guests. He made me a delicious lunch before we leave. The €5 is out of the pity.
他自己一個居住在一間大房子,有兩層及一個地庫。我都是晚上回家見到兩個巴西女子才知道有地庫,因為她們告訴我她們的房間就在地庫。突然腦中出現了"禁室培慾"的畫面。另外,有一間房間在地下,像是迷你教會,似教會聚會用途,有多張椅子、演講台和一部電車琴 。我覺得他好像是邪教成員,這裡用作宣揚異教思想。
He lived alone in a big house with 2 floors and a basement. I only knew there is a basement at night when two Brazilian girls shown up telling me they slept in a room at the basement. The idea of grounding someone in a secret room and sexually harrassing he/she for a decade came to my mind. Besides, another room on the ground floor is like a mini-church with chairs, a stage and electric piano. I found it so weird and like he is running a cult. Here is the main station to spread the horrible belief.
我沒有心情想遊覽,因為我在擔心之後往宿問題。我還會留在Zadar數天,然後到Dubrovnik,最後到意大利。但目前為止,沒有找到任何沙發主,反而收到許多拒絕的答覆令我十分沮喪。我跟Moritz說起自己很悶悶不樂,他鼓勵我要樂觀積極,還說可以言來陪我,令我開心起來。
I do not have much mood to wander around the town because I worried about my upcoming accommodation so much. I still have a few days in Zadar and my next destination is Dubrovnik. Then I will head to Italy. However, none of these place I can get the host at the moment. The negative responses from hosts made me in deep frustration. I shared it with Moritz and he kept encourage me and cheer me up. He also said he could come over to stay with me. It made me feeling happy already.
![]() |
| Zadar的天空,每一日都不一樣,忍不住又回來看看。 The sky of Zadar looks different everyday. I have to come back to have a look. |












No comments:
Post a Comment