Saturday, 18 October 2014

[歐洲 比利時安特衛普 Europe Antwerp Belgium] Day 18 Travel with Local, Explore more 跟當地人旅遊, 遊歷更多

Olivier 是一個有計劃的人,他也已經替我計劃好今天的行程。由於他要拜訪一位在Lier的客戶,離安特衛普30分鐘車程。
Olivier is a well-organized guy. He already planned what I could do today. He will bring me and Noemi to Lier, a town with 30mins distance from Antwerp, while he visited his client there.

市廣場  Town Hall
背後的鐘樓建於1369年
The Tower behind established in 1369

Zimmer Tower
 這裡有名的是Zimmer Tower ,是由天文學家及鐘錶發明家Louis Zimmer製造的一所大鐘,能看時間,但不是為要看時間而製造。因為除了大鐘,還有12個小鐘分別顯示不同資料,如潮汐、季節、太陽周期等等。每一個鐘運行一周的時間各有不同,記得要等12個小鐘同一時間再指向12點便要等1億年。詳細運作簡介短片有題及,但我已經什麼都忘記了。入場費要 €4,就這樣浪費了。
Zimmer Tower is one of the attraction here. It is built by an astronomer and clockmaker called Louis Zimmer. The clock tower shows the time, but it is not the reason to build the tower. Except the large clock in the middle, there are 12 smaller clocks around it. The 12 clockes represent different information like the tide, the season or the solar cycle etc. Every clock takes various duration and have different speed to run for a cycle. I barely remember that to have all the clocks completed one cycle takes 1 billion years. A video clip shown the details of the tower operation, but I have forgotten most of them. The entrance fee €4 is thrown to the trash bin.
每一個鐘都很特別,中間這個只有10個逆時針方向排列的數字
Every clocks is special. The middle one consists of 10 numbers with anti-clockwise order
這個是中國數目字   This one is in Chinese number
有興趣可去官方網站看一看,真的只能看一看,因為網站沒有太多資料。什麼也寫在網站,誰會買票進去呀?
If you are interested in knowing Zimmer Tower, you could have a look of the official website. Just have a look because there are not much written in the website. Otherwise, who would buy the ticket to visit the tower.

反而可以在維基百科看到多一點關於鐘樓的資料和運作。
Instead, you could find more details in Wikipedia.
 
鐘樓的最頂層能清楚看到鐘的內部運作。沒錯!到現在大鐘和12個小鐘還在正常操作中。每一個配件行一步都會影響相應小鐘運作,可說是環環緊扣,製造過程真的要滴水不漏,否則一切便化為烏有。如果真的有興趣了解多一些,請自行翻查資料。但當我站在實物前真的被運作吸引,看著每一個配件的運作,眼球在追蹤會影響那一部份,再觸發另一個機關,然後最後令其中一個鐘的指針前進一小步,同一時間那一步又會繼續出現連鎖作用,的確很值得花錢參觀。
At the top of the tower, you could have a closer look of the actual internal operation of the clocks. Yep. The clocks are still functioning nowadays. Every motion of the component is affecting each other. The components are connected into one whole system. The entire invention has to be very accurate and precise without any fault, otherwise, all the effort is vanished. If you really wanna know more about the tower, please search for related information on your own. When I was in front of the masterpiece, I was totally overwhelm and allured by the incredible design and concept of making the clocks. I looked at the movement of a component and my eye balls traced the chain reaction happened in another part. And then it triggered another movement of the system and finally made one of the pointer of the clock more a step forward. Meanwhile, it is another on-going process happened. The Zimmer tower is really worth visit.
整座鐘樓就是由這個看似簡單的系統控制
The entire tower is controlled by this system
由不同組件連接互相影響
It is combined with different components affecting the operation

有12條分枝連接12個鐘
12 tubes controlling the 12 clocks
另一樣跟Lier有關的就是甜點Liers Vlaaike。
Another thing about Lier is a sweet dessert called Liers Vlaaike.
 
 
 
我驚訝我在搜尋器輸入Liers Vlaaike沒有相關中文或英文資料,有的只是Flemish,所以我就叫這個甜點做神秘一口撻。說是神秘不只是因為沒有中英資料,也是因為聽說一口撻跟可口可樂一樣,世上沒有很多人知道食譜和做法,每個能夠造一口撻的麵包司傅一定要發誓不會對任何人洩露有關一口撻的食譜和做法。說到那麼巴閉,味道應該不錯吧。但想想,如果是好吃的為什麼不被傳媒所報道,遊客的追捧,食家的推薦?我個人吃了一小口已經不想再吃第二口,那一口撻的大小只是直徑5厘米,一般為了不浪費我也會吃掉,可想像味道不吸引我。連Noemi也有同感。我想最主要原因是因為材料有肉桂,而我就受不了肉桂的味道。可能不是不能給太多人去知道食譜,而是很多人知道一口撻不是會大賣的甜點,所以沒有興趣去學。
I was surprised no chinese or english information were found on the internet. All the result are in Flemish. So I will just call this a secret tart. It is a secret not only because of the Flemish only information, but also it is like Coca Cola, not many baker know the recipe. Every baker who know the recipe has to swear not to leak any information to any party. Wow wow wow, it sounds should be something delicious. But wait, think about it. If it is delicious, why didn't the media report it, why didn't the tourists crazy about it or why didn't the food expert recommend it? I had a small bite of the secret tart with 5cm diameter, and I would not like to have another bite. Usually I will still finish it because not to waste food. But it is really not my taste, neither do Noemi. I guess the tragic failure is the used of cinnamon which I can't stand with the smell. The reason of not many people knowing the recipe is not because of it is a secret. It is because many people knew Liers Vlaaike is not gonna made money and they are not interested in learning it.
 
找到一條關於製作神秘一口撻的影片
A video of making Liers Vlaaike
 
無意中發現牧羊人在放羊  Came across the shepherd walking the sheeps

 

如果不是有當地人介紹和接載,我一定不會知道也沒有機會到這個地方和接下來幾天的充實體驗,所以我一直很喜歡和當地人接觸深入了解每一個國家。

If I am not with local and without their recommendations, I am sure I won't know this city and the upcoming wonderful experience. The amazing experience is my incentive to meet more local people while I am travelling.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment