Monday, 13 October 2014

[歐洲 比利時安特衛普 Europe Antwerp Belgium] Day 16 [Part 1 ] Crossed the English Channel 橫渡英倫海峽

離開倫敦到歐洲大陸當然可以選擇飛機,亦可乘坐歐洲之星到法國,這是較多人選擇的方法。歐洲之星比較省時但相對也較貴,所以我是撘巴士橫渡英倫海峽。我兩個月前買了巴士票到比利時安特衛普,早鳥優惠的票價是£5。
To leave London to the Europe inland, of course plane is an option. Also, you may choose to take Eurostar to France which is the most popular way. It is a quicker way but relatively expensive. I chose to take the bus to across the English Channel and the reason is just because it is cheaper. I have bought my ticket to Antwerp two months ago, it was only £5 as early bird.


我退回Oyster card得到£9加上剩餘的£7,我立即變成了有錢人。當然第一時間買豐富的早餐:杏埔乳酪加粟米片和大蝦牛油果墨西哥捲。我還買了一個朱古力蛋糕送給比利時的沙發主一家。但當我買了才醒起比利時最有名的就是朱古力!!!但Marks & Spencer 的朱古力蛋糕真的好美味我很喜歡。現在說起又想吃!!
I returned my Oyster card and had £9. Together with my £7, I became rich enough to buy myself a plentiful breakfast: apricot yogurt with crisp, prawn & avocado burrito. I also bought a chocolate fudge for my Belgian host family. I just realized after I bought the cake that the famous food in Belgium is CHOCOLATE. But it is tasty and I love the chocolate fudge from Marks & Spencer. I would love to have one again!!!
 
乳酪  Yogurt
巴士離開倫敦橫渡英倫海峽到法國,經比利時到終點站荷蘭阿姆斯特丹。由倫敦到安特衛普需要8小時。
The bus departed in London via the English Channel to France and then Belgium.  The final stop is Amsterdam, the Nertherlands.  From London to Antwerp, it takes around 8 hours.
 
巴士準備乘火車  The bus will board on the train soon
回港後翻查資料,由倫敦往歐陸,巴士會一輛跟一輛在火車箱排好,火車會經地下隧道前往對岸。相反,從歐陸往倫敦,巴士會登上大遊輪經水路過海。當船在行駛時,所有乘客必須下車到甲板看風景或到商鋪餐廳消磨時間。由於我是離開倫敦往比利時,我坐的巴士只能被緊閉的火車箱包著,45分鐘後由火車帶到法國。司機說我不能夠下車看看四周,雖然能看到的只是車身與火車箱之間峽窄的走廊。其實車程很無聊...
According to the research after I came back,  if you are leaving London to Europe inland, the bus will be driven and lined up one after one in a container. The train will cross the English Channel via the underground tunnel; in reverse,  if you are heading to London from Europe inland, the bus will board on a giant cruise and sail along the ocean which passengers should get off the bus while the cruise is moving. They can enjoy the view on the deck and visit different shops and restaurant on the cruise.  Since I was leaving London to Belgium,  my bus was just locked inside a sealed container and the train brought the bus to France in 45 minutes.  I wasn't allowed to get off the bus to have a look around, although there is only the narrow gap in between the bus and the container.  It was just boring...

密不透光的火車箱   seal container
巴士一輛跟一輛駛進火車箱  Bus entered the container one by one
火車箱其實安間很大,能容納多輛雙層巴士
Lots of space inside the container which can fill up by several double-deck bus



當巴士離開法國進入比利時,在高速公路開始塞車。巴士前進幾公里便停下15-20分鐘,我應該會比預定時間遲到達跟沙發主見面,所以想跟沙發主聯絡通知他。但離開英國後便沒有網絡,我也沒有電話咭,應該怎麼辦?
When the bus passed France and entered Belgium,  there was traffic jam on the highway.  The bus stopped for 15-20 mins after moving forward for several kilometer. I was going to be late to meet my host and I wanted to inform my host about my situation. However, there is no internet after crossed the border of UK and I don't have a local sim with me.....What should I do?
離開英語國家接觸外星文
Left English speaking country and start having Alien language
 

No comments:

Post a Comment