Tuesday, 11 November 2014

[歐洲 匈牙利 Europe Hungary] Day 42 Poor Travel Budapest 窮鬼遊布達佩斯

第一天在布達佩斯,首要事情當然是解決錢的問題,離開斯洛伐克前我把幾十英鎊換成匈牙利貨幣HUF,那裡只有20(240港幣)Adam告訴我匈牙利有銀聯的提款機,所以應該不成問題。找到提款機有如找到希望,當我滿入歡喜輸入密碼及提款金額後,畫面顯示交易不成功,我做個有錢人的夢幻滅了。
The first thing to do in Budapest is exchange money. I exchanged Hungarian Forint (HUF) with 20 pounds before leaving Slovakia, but it is just equal to HKD240. Adam told me there are Union pay ATM in Hungary, so it should not be a problem. When I found the Union pay ATM, I was so excited and found my hope. I entered my PIN and the withdrawal amount but the transaction was not accepted. My dream to become rich has vanished.


銀聯ATM   Union pay ATM

今天先用雙腳遊布達佩斯,有需要我還可以用信用咭吃喝玩樂,所以還不是絕望。向多瑙河進發,腦裡響起小學時常聽的“藍色多瑙河”圓舞曲,一邊哼著旋律一邊看著多瑙河的景色,不得不承認我已經覺得來到布達佩斯是一個明智的決定。
I will have to use my feet to walk around Budapest today, I still have my credit card with me just in case, so I was not totally desperate. Heading to the Danube, I remember I used to listen to "the Blue Danube" in elementary school. I sang the melody while I was strolling along the Danube. The view was so great and I have to say it is a really wise decision to come to Budapest.
 
  


Liberty Bridge

 
 

走著走著,去了Vaci Utca,這裡有許多亞洲遊客,香港人特別多,這是一條長街,四周都是賣旅遊紀念品或名信片的店舖。天氣很熱,滿街都是雪糕店,但價錢相等於HKD10的雪糕對窮人的我是非常奢侈,所以我選擇市內的噴泉或地下水,炎熱的夏天喝那冰涼的地下水,而且是免費,簡直爽YY!!!
While I was walking, I arrived at Vaci Utca which I found lots of Asian tourists, most of them are from Hong Kong. It is a long street with souvenir stores and shops selling postcards alongside. The weather was so hot and you can find an ice-cream shop easily. However, an ice-cream around HKD10 is expensive enough to me at that point. It is a luxury already. That's why I chose to have the water from the fountain and the underground water to refresh myself. It was so cool to have the chilling water in such a hot weather and it is free. What can you ask for?

匈牙利人無辣不歡  Hungarians love spicy in all dishes

無意中四處亂走被我發現一座具大摩天輪和一個大浴池,人人都脫掉鞋在浸腳,大熱天時十分消暑,可惜今天我穿著了波鞋不方便,唯有下次再來好好享受一番。
 I passed by the Ferris Wheel when I randomly walked around and also a giant pool nearby. Everyone took off the shoes and soaking their feet, it is another free activity under high temperature. Since I was wearing my soccer shoes, I will do it next time.

我跟Adam約好了6時在他朋友家見面,可惜朋友外出了,我轉移在附近的商場等待著Adam。我跟Adam只在香港有一面之緣,但一直保持聯絡,因為當時我知道我會到布達佩斯,他也想在香港找工作,所以我們間中會互相問候。他在我吃著蘋果批時出現在我面前,他樣子好像變了,我的確不認得他。
I scheduled to meet Adam at his friend's place at 6pm. However, his friend was out and I waited at the shopping mall. I only met Adam once in Hong Kong but we stayed contact with each other. It is because I knew already I will come to Budapest and he would like to find a job in Hong Kong, that's why we chat with each other occasionally. He shown up while I was eating my apple pie. He looks different and I cannot recognize him.
 

我們又再到多瑙河,因為那兒正舉行一年一度的美食節,Adam還未吃飯,便去那兒解決晚餐。我中午時都有經過這兒,那時人流很小,但黃昏這裡變得座無虛席,十分熱鬧。Adam的出現十分合時,因為我中午經過Liberty Bridge時已經覺得這條可以讓人和車同時電車行走的鏈橋很特別,但當時沒有人幫我拍照。
We went back to the Danube because a once a year food festival was happening there. Adam would like to grab some food there as dinner. I was there in the afternoon and not many people was there. But it was so packed in the evening and it was so fun. It was a good timing for Adam to be here to because I was at the Liberty Bridge in the afternoon and I found the bridge is very special since it allowed pedestrian, cars and even tram to go through at the same time. Adam is someone to take a picture of me.  
 
 
 

晚上9時我們回到他朋友家收拾行李便出發到Adam家。他住在市中心交通方便,而且還有一位同是匈牙利的室友及包租公Ors,他的房間很cyber和迷幻,之後跟大家介紹。
We went back to his friend's place to take my backpack. Adam leaves in the city centre which is convenience. He has a flatmate Ors who actually own the apartment. His room is very cyber and fancy, I will show it to you later. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment