Yakushima is truly a peaceful outlying island. People have a simple and regular lifestyle. The first day we arrived at the island was already late afternoon which we missed the lunch time there. In Hong Kong, we can always find some places to eat no matter when, but it is not the case in Yakushima. Most of the restaurants would have a break between 2 and 6 to prepare for dinner time.
屋久島的確是一個人潔地靈的地方,居民生活簡單,作息定時,十分有規律。我們到達時已經是下午時分,過了午飯時間。在香港,任何時候都可以到餐廳吃飯,但在屋久島的餐廳卻會有小休的時段,兩時至六時多數的餐廳會暫停營業,為的是準備晚市的材料。
Other than the first meal, which we were able to find a cafe operate during 3ish, the rest of the days we prefer to cook on our own. It was a great time cooking in Yakushima. We went to supermarket to shop for ingredient and found so many options. We wanted to try new food which we do not find in Hong Kong. Japan is also famous for their readymade seasoning pack, topping for mains like seaweed, sesame, dried-bonito slide, so we had a hard time on deciding our meal.
除了到埗第一餐,幸運地在下午茶時間仍找到一間營業中的西餐廳,其餘日子我們都偏向自已煮,不用有時間的壓力,而我其實都很享受在屋久島煮飯的日子。在超級市場選購不同的材料,蔬菜、生果、肉類、飯麵、醬料、配菜和小食,對每一樣都很好奇,想試一些香港沒有見過的材料。日本亦是製造「防腐劑」食品的大國,有許多即沖的調味包、配料包:如紫菜、芝麻、木魚乾等等,令我們舉期不定,心大心細。
On the other hand, we lived close to a seafood shop selling fresh seafood and sashimi which gave us an alternative. I bought a mackerel and tried to fry it. It was wonderful. I just barely broke small part of the skin during cooking. The meat is still soft and not overcooked.
另一方便,我們的民宿附近有一間急凍海鮮的小舖,主要售賣海鮮和刺身,給予我們另一個選擇。我們買了秋刀魚,嘗試香煎,結果都算成功,只有部份魚皮在煮的過程中黏著煎Pan,但賣想仍可接受,肉質能保持嫩滑,未有過火。
I am a big fans of tofu. When I found the edamame tofu, I knew what could be for dinner. One pack of tofu has four piece and they are in a bear mold. I guess the idea behind is to attract kids to eat more tofu as they are so cute. At the same time, adding the edamame as some taste to the tasteless tofu. (i like tofu because of the bland taste..haha)
我是豆腐的超級Fans!!!當我看到超市的枝豆豆腐時,我知道我絕對不能錯過,這必定是我的晚餐。一拿豆腐有四塊,放在一個熊人頭模內。我想應該是來吸引小朋友多吃健康的豆腐,所以才把豆腐做成那麼可愛。同時加入枝豆,令味道不會太淡而無味,過份單調。而我愛豆腐,就是因為淡淡的豆香。


No comments:
Post a Comment