Sunday, 19 April 2015

點滴16 Sharing 16: 人一世物一世,什麼都得經歷 Experience Different New Things in a Life

是咁的...原本我每天上班下班安安穩穩,雖然沒有驚喜而事實上有點乏味,但為兩餐加上歐洲回來荷包縮水,不得不馬死落地行,過著朝9晚6的騾仔生活。未知是否因為個人怨念太強,公司知道我心底裡的想法,每天就是在馬死落地行和另謀高就之間掙扎,終於在三月底作出了大裁員,為我作了決定給我解脫。
This is what had happened. I was working every day from Mon to Fri regularly. My job was not anything surprising and indeed very boring, but to have money to finance myself and to recover after the Europe trip, I have to get a job and work like the normal nine-to-fiver. I don't know if I grumbled too much at work, the company seemed hear me. I always struggle in the edge of stay and resign everyday and finally company help me making the decision which they executed a employment layoff project. As a result, I was free to go.

一知道自己被裁走的消息,沒有憤怒或激動,只覺得人一世物一世,什麼都得經歷,至少下一份工僱主問及為何離開時,我不用想一個美麗得體的原因,不用以人事問題、想要一份更有挑戰性的工作或沒有前景的原因去包裝醜陋的真相,而是簡單一句:公司的決定。
When I was informed to be laid off,  I was not mad or upset. I was thinking in a self-comfort way as you have to experience different new things in a life.  Obviously,  be laid off is on the list. At least in this case,  I don't have to make up a decent reason for switching jobs,  not necessary to say due to interpersonal issue,  looking for challenge or no prospect in the current job to cover the ugly truth behind. I just have to tell the interviewer :company decision.


也許你覺得大公司員工沒有數百也有一百幾十,為何死神選中我而不是同部門那花枝招展的女同事或是坐你附近好像沒有甚麼貢獻的宅男?自問我工作態度認真,沒有在公司樹敵,行為中規中舉。我就是一個做好份內事的小員工,閒時不說是非不上Facebook,連離開坐位去跟同事聊天也很小,只是偶然給大家分享小食問候一兩句,不希望打擾工作。但這正正是死因。因為我不懂獻媚不擦馬屁,工作沒甚麼成績,對公司價值低,可以說是可有可無,消失了也沒人為意的低級職員。
A large scale company would have employees at least hundred even it is not several hundreds. You may wonder why I was chosen,  but not the beauty looking and thick make up chick in the same department or the shy dude sitting near you who seemed have no contribution? To be honest, I have a good working attitude, not building walls to anyone or having enemy, satisfied performance. I behaved well in my role and doing my job, not gossip in the office nor checking on Facebook in office hour; I don't always leave my work desk to chit chat with colleagues, what I did was just sharing my food and snack with colleagues and nice chat for a while. I don't wanna bother anyone to work. But those were the causes. I didn't flatter anyone and I didn't know, I didn't have extraordinary performance at work, the company don't value much on me.  In other words,  I was just a low value staff which noone would realize if I disappeared.

我是說真的:我的確是消失了也沒人為意的低級職員,對我下手,絕對了解。還記得有次遺留了職員證要折返,剛巧其他同事下班,門打開了,我便立刻衝前趕上進入公司。但那同事用十級疑惑的眼神望著我然後忍不住問:你找誰?當他知道原來是同事立刻尴尬道歉並急步離開,第二天在走廊上遇見迫著擠出一個帶點真偽的笑容。
I am serious for "noone would realize if I disappeared. " I knew why I was selected. I remembered: One day, I left my staff card in the office after work and headed back to take it.  At the same time,  a co-worker left office and the main door was opened.  I ran faster to hold the door and got in.  Meanwhile that co-worker looked at me with some invisible question marks on top of his head.  He then asked "Who are you looking for? " When he knew I was actually working there, he was embarrassed and ran away after apologized.  The next day I came across him in the office,  he forced himself to smile back which is a fake smile. 

跟其他比較相熟的同事道別,大家知道我被選中都感到驚訝,奇怪為什麼是我而不是其他員工?我在這家公司工作了只是5個月,日子的確很短,很多公司文化或人物關係還未弄清楚,但有知情人士透露,這跟新來財務總監有關,相信是想在高層前作成績,給各大員工一個下馬威。
Saying goodbye to some close colleagues at work,  they were surprised I had to go and doubted why me but not the others? I worked in this company for less than half a year which is a short time. To understand the company culture and the interpersonal chart was hard. According to someone, the layoff plan can be associated with the newly hired CFO. It may be due to having some significant performance in front of the director and shareholders. At the same time, giving all the staff a signal and "greetings".

在大公司職場生存的確有很多技巧和秘笈,有時不要以為生存在食物鏈的最低層不受影響,不用上場作戰,其實你踏入公司大門那一刻,戰爭便自動正式開始。
To survive of the fittest in a workplace required a lot off skills and tricks. Sometimes, you thought it is none of your business as you are at the bottom of the chain. However, the battle began when you entered the giant door of the company. 

No comments:

Post a Comment