Wednesday, 8 April 2015

點滴13 Sharing 13: Mr. or Husband

上文提要終於租屋了!!
Previously on the last post about rent a flat...

由於Moritz是外國人,不會說中文(單字短句不算), 所以跟地產人溝通的責任也落在我身上。
我只介紹了自已而沒有介紹Moritz, 地產人又不用跟他直接對話,也懶得介紹他是誰怎樣稱呼。
Since Moritz is a foreigner who doesn't speak Chinese ( single words or simple sentences are not counted), to communicate with the property agent became my task obviously. I just introduced myself to the agent but not introducing Moritz to him. As there was no necessary communication between agent and Moritz, I was not bother telling him the relationship or name of Moritz.


但當地產人發現我只是作翻譯,幕後財主是Moritz時,又不好意思現在才問他貴姓,結果不停用"先生"去稱呼他。
The agent found out I was not the boss but only a translator. Moritz was the buyer. He was embarrassed to ask who he is and what's his name at that moment. At the rest of the day, he only used "sin-san" ( sir/ husband in cantonese) referring to Moritz.

我初頭聽"先生"以為他指"丈夫", 但我從來沒有說過他是我先生... 以為聽錯,但之後更聽他說"你先生"...每一次由地產人口中聽到"先生", 我都對號入座。言者無心,聽者有意。
At the beginning, I misunderstood the agent meant "husband" when he said "sin-san". I never said Moritz is my husband so I believed it was my mistake. However, I heard "your sin-san" afterward which made me wonder if it was my mistake. Every time when the agent said "sin-san", I told myself he meant "husband". Whatever it was, it was a beautiful mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment