過去的戀情都不存在見家長環節更不會告訴他們我的感情世界,所以當我要對父母說男友是德國人加上我們的認識緣於旅行,那種壓力大於要獨自到南美或等待派發終期成績表。其實有壓力是怕得不到父母認同跟支持,這我能理解,突然出現一個遠在他方的男子是女兒男友,我能否跟他溝通?
None of the guys in previous relationships have met my parents and I never tell my parents anything about my relationship. Therefore, I was under pressure to tell my parents my boyfriend is German and we met when we travelled. There was so much pressure which was higher than to ask me to travel to South America alone or waiting for the result of the end-term test. The pressure was from my parents because I was really scared they did not agree and support my decision. I can understand how they feels when a gwailo (chinese slang for white guy) lived not in Hongkong but far away there said he is the boyfriend of the daughter. The main problem they concerned is communication.
也許是我對這份情的認真,和希望為Moritz 留下好印象,特地在離開德國前教Moritz說幾句廣東話,為的是想拍一條短片給父母看認識他,知道他不是壞人。
Perhaps I took this relationship seriously and hope Moritz could give a positive impression to my parents, I taught Moritz some Cantonese phrases before I left Germany then we took a short video of he spoke Cantonese and my parents could know he is not a bloke.
我準備好短片和幾張跟Moritz的合照準備跟父母做presentation。那抖震的雙手拿著電腦,聲線也跟著顫動,一張一張相展示出來,他們沒有反應,也沒說什麼,最後播放短片,他們聽到他說廣東話感到驚訝,但知道原來是我教他後,說他懂得包裝,會做門面功夫。
I prepared the video and some photos of Moritz and I to have the presentation. My trembled hands held the laptop and my voice shown I was pretty nervous. I showed them the photos one by one and no response from them. Then I played the video and they were surprised to hear Moritz spoke Cantonese. They said Moritz is a smart guy to do this to impress them.
我跟他們說Moritz幾個月後會來香港正式跟他們見面,雖然他們咀裡沒說甚麼,但心裡應該是期待著這一天。
I told my parents Moritz will come in a few months to meet them. Although they said nothing, they were happy and looked forward for the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment