January is a good month. The best friend of Moritz and his girlfriend came to Hong Kong for a visit. We had a great time together. During my last visit in Munich, I have met them and lived in the same roof together for a while. However, the feeling this time is much better and feel so happy to be around with them.
Moritz的媽媽也快將來港,我當然十分興奮期待,這是相隔一年多再次見面。對她來說也是人生的一大步,因為這是她生平以來第一次坐飛機,而且是獨自一人,亦是她第一次踏足亞洲。我已經在幻想在機場給她一個擁抱的情景,她總是友善又帶點可愛。上年生日,她由德國寄給我一大盒粟米片作禮物,因為她知道我一定會喜歡。(到現在我還未吃完….)聖誕節她親手造了曲奇,又寄了一盒給我們。她真的很可愛很窩心!這次來香港,她當然想帶些禮物給我和我家人吧。第一樣她想到的是 粟--米--片,哈哈,當然啦!那還用說!但我告知她我不需要任何禮物,她願意來探望我們已經令我很高興。所以她轉為向我父母入手,應該買些什麼呢?她想送一些具德國代表性同時又實用的禮物,居然被她想到送布穀鳥大鐘!這真是一樣很德國色彩的禮物手信,相比起香腸啤酒真的很傳統有特色。小木屋的外型,當時間達到整點時布穀鳥便會彈出來「谷古谷古」的提示,又有一隻布穀鳥隨著分針走動。小時候在卡通片經常看到這款鐘覺得很有趣。可惜中國人對以鐘送禮很敏感,視為「送終」,所以她要繼續努力想過另一份禮物啦。我其實不介意收鐘,但我平凡的家與這個特色傳統的布谷鳥鏡是兩種風格,只會給人「豬乸戴耳環的感覺」。
Mom of Moritz is coming to town as well. It is so excited to see her again after more than a year. This is a huge step for her because it is her first time taking plan, the first time taking flight alone and the first time in Asia. I already imagine I will give her a big hug in the Airport. She is always a sweet and great lady in my mind. My last birthday, she sent me a huge pack of cereal from Germany just because she knows I like it. (I still haven’t finished it.) For Christmas, she sent us a box of handmade Christmas cookies and greetings as well. How cute she is!!! Since she is coming, of course she would like to bring me and my parents gifts. The first thing she came up with was C-E-R-E-A-L. Of Course! What Else! Then I told her I do not need anything. I am already happy to have her coming. She starts thinking of something for my parents. Obviously she would like to get them something representing Germany and useful as well. She proposed to give them a Cuckoo clock. It is a cultural icon for Germany other than the sausages and beer. It is a house shape clock with cuckoo bird making cuckoo sound when the time in on the hour while a cuckoo bird is the end of the long hand. I used to see all the time in cartoon when I was young. Unfortunately, giving a clock as a gift to Chinese means “Sending you to death and walking with you for the last moment”. Guessing she needs to keep thinking of a new gift. I personally do not mind a clock as a gift. However, the style of my place and this special and traditional cuckoo clock are various objects in the world. If I insist have it at my place, it just look bad and awful.
![]() |
| source from: https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/789426850/cuckoo-clock2.jpg |

No comments:
Post a Comment