「秋風起三蛇肥」,秋天不單止是時候吃蛇,還是炒栗子的季節。舊時入秋經過巴士站、大街路口或天橋底,不難發現生炒栗子/鹽焗鵪鶉蛋/煨蕃薯的車仔檔,但近年慢慢成為集體回憶,特別六七八十後,由我爸爸到我這個年代!
“When autumn comes, the snakes are plump.” is the saying for Chinese. Autumn is a good season for snack soup, and also good time for chestnut. A decade ago, walking across the bus stops, the main streets or under the bridges, it is not hard to find the cartful selling stir-fried chestnuts/ baked quail eggs in salt/ roasted sweet potatoes. However, recently it became the Hong Kong memory especially for the 60’s to 80’s like from the generation of my dad to me.
小時候,爸爸很喜歡吃炒栗子,他用牙咬開外殼,三兩下便弄出圓渾飽滿的果肉;然後我又有樣學樣,但我卻咬不住外殼,結果整顆滑入嘴裡,索性在嘴裡咬開外殼,吐出佈滿口水的栗子剝開取肉,遇上品質差太乾的栗子,剝開果肉散開,完整的果肉只剩手指頭那麼多真是十分氣餒。爸爸見狀,會用心指導及示範一次,剝出來的肉當然放進我嘴裡啦。
When I was a kid, my dad like stir-fried chestnuts so much. He cracked the shell in between his teeth, and took the cutie nut out quick and easy. I tried to mimic the same, but I cannot bite tight the nut and it slid into my month. Instead of taking that out, I bit to crake the shell. Then I spit the half opened nut out which covered my saliva all over and dug out the eatable nut to eat. Sometimes if the quality of the nut is not premium, the entire nut is as big as my tiny fingertips. It was a frustration for a little girl after a lot of work.
長大了,爸爸沒有再買栗子、沒有再剝栗子給我吃,雖然現在學會了怎樣剝栗子,但我都沒有買過,因為我不喜歡吃完栗子後,手指逢總有黑邊和因糖份令手指頭粘著的感覺。早兩天氣溫驟降,在街上遇到自稱祖傳宋家生炒栗子祕方的車仔檔,我不知宋家是誰,但你講到那麼厲害,怎麼可以不一嚐。
After I grew up, my dad did not buy chestnut anymore, he didn’t crack the shell for me neither. Although I knew how to crake the shell not, I seldom buy myself any. I don’t like the fact that the gap in between the finger and nail will be dark nor the sugar made my fingers sticky. The temperature dropped to freezing a few days ago and we bumped into the cartful selling stir-fried chestnuts. They claimed themselves having the secret recipe from Soong’s making the stir-fried chestnuts. I have no idea of who is Soong’s, but if you said to be that awesome. Why not giving it a try?
Moritz:「要試嗎?」 Moritz: Wanna try?
我:「想,但我不想剝殼。」 I: Yes, but I don’t want to crack the shell.
Moritz:「如果有人剝給你吃呢?」 Moritz: What if someone do it for you?
我雙眼發光望著他,投以一個無得頂的笑容,這個男人真窩心!拿著半磅栗子,他已經急不及待開始剝栗子。看著他一咬一剝一開,然後把栗子放進我咀裡,就如我爸爸一樣。
Woooooh!! I looked at him with super thankful and appreciated and gave him a wonderful smile. This guy made you sweet! He had the half pack of checknuts on hand and can’t wait to get started. Crack-Peel-Open, and put it in my mouth. It was the same as my dad did.
這兩個男人總是留給我最好的。爸爸上一世的情人是女兒,而Moritz就是我這輩子的情人。
These two guys always left me the best. The lover of the previous life for a father is the daughter. My lover in my life is Moritz.

No comments:
Post a Comment