突如其來的假期加上廉航機票當道造就了新加坡之行, 早機去晚機返。新加坡面積比香港還小, 兩日半時間尚算足夠來個重點旅遊, 美中不足是沒有吃海南雞飯及未能到環球影城。
The unexpected holiday and the excessive supply of the budget airlines nowadays are the reasons for the Singapore (SG) trip. Leaving in the early monring and a midnight flight back, SG is smaller than HK, 2.5 days is good enough to visit the key attractions. It is a pity that we don't have time to visit Universal Studio and didn't have Hainan chicken rice.
我們住在小印度區,所以這趟旅程吃了許多印度煎餅Naan, Roti, Murtabak, 由第一餐到最後一餐都是以印度煎餅作結。 每天在無數印度人身邊穿梭,令我以為新加坡只有印度人, 明顯新加坡的印度人比印度那些素質還好, 應該鮮有那些荒謬不人道的「強姦沒有罪」的新聞吧。 大多數餐廳都是自助形式,就是跟快餐店一樣,點菜後稍等, 準備好他們會通知你取餐。我在無聊等待時總喜歡四處看看, 發現很多人點了炸雞飯配咖喱加點素菜,SG$5-6 價錢跟Murtabak一樣,但份量是double。 下次來新加坡,一定會試,還有印度炒飯也是主食, 有次吃飯時跟一位印度人撘傘,他說一定要試。
We stayed in Little India District which gave us a reason to have lots of Indian food like Naan, Roti and Murtabak. We started and eneded the trip with Indian food. Walking along the street with tons of Indian around, it almost gave me the impression that there is only Indian in SG. Obviously, the Indian here are just different from those in India in terms of quality, behaviour and attitute....etc. I believed in SG,it is rare to hear about the ridiculous and inhuman belief of "rape is innocent". Most of the restaurants in SG is in self-service mode which is same as the fast food shop- order and wait, get your stuff once ready. I like looking around while I was waiting for my meal, I found that it is common to see people having a set with deep-fried chicken with curry rice and some veggie. It costs SG$5-6 which is the same price as Murtabak, but double the portion. I told myself, I must try it next time I am there. The Indian fried rice is also on my bucket list, which is highly recommended by a local Indian we met by accident.
除了小印度,牛車水和聖淘沙也是遊客來新加坡必遊的景點。 先說牛車水,
感覺就是香港女人街,到處都是賣紀念品,鑰匙扣,“ I Love SG" t-shirt, 太陽帽都是指定項目。 比較吸引我們眼球的是一間賣古色古香手工木製的雕花燈, 很有中國特色,還有一些數年前已經在泰國熱賣的波波燈, 可惜價錢偏貴加上想到是Made in China, 我的購買慾已下降,最重要是這些燈買一套不能特顯格調, 必需多買幾套放在家中不同角落才令家居添美感。 最後我們只買了太陽帽,因為新加坡實在過份陽光普照, 必需保護一下防止進一步變Filipino。
感覺就是香港女人街,到處都是賣紀念品,鑰匙扣,“
Aside from Little India, China Town and Sentosa are also a key visit for tourists. For China Town, my impression is just like the ladies market in Hong Kong which mainly sells souvenir like key chain, "I Love SG" t-shirt and sun hat. The most interesting shop for us is a handcrafted lamp shop with various of woodern lamp and lantern. They are very tranditional and in Chinese stype. You can also find they are sellling the colourful bubble light which was popular a few years ago in Thailand. However, they are all overpriced and made in China which I don't want to buy any. The most important is that one set is not enough to make your apartment classic or stylish. You always need to buy multiple to place them in different corners in the house. We ended up bought ourselves the sun hat which is quite useful through out our trip in sunny SG. I have to protect myself not to be one step closer to Filipino.
至於聖淘沙,根本就是新加坡政府為遊客打造的景點。 如果要玩遍整個小島,可能要一星期, 因為這裡有5大主題樂園還有賭場,之後可以遊覽長長的沙灘, 到訪東南海最南端和登上魚尾獅塔。我們花了三小時在島上漫遊, 交通的確很方便,單軌列車的職員會在列車到達時向乘客揮手, 令我以為到了迪士尼。哈哈! 唯一令我費解的是我們嘗試在沙灘附近買泳衣, 但居然沒有找到任何紀念品店或任何商店有出售。
Sentosa is obviously SG govt made it for tourists. If you want to go through the whole islannd, it may take a week since there are five theme parks and casino, once those are done, you could spend some time on the beach with long coastal line, visiting the southest point in SE Asia and finally get to Merlion to overview the whole SG. We finally spent three hours on the island to explore. Transportation in the island is well-developed and easy to handle. The staff at the monorail station will also smile and wave to the visitor when train arrived. It seems that we are in Disneyland. The only question for me is why can't i find a shop selling swimwear since they are having a beautiful beach there?
牛車水和聖淘沙給我的印象不特別深刻, 但濱海灣的Supertree Grove和Night Safari令我很難忘。適逢新加坡建國50週年, Supertree Grove的幻彩燈show有特別版,以歌頌國家, 人民熱愛國家為主題。雖然十分hard sell, 但豪不老土,我覺得很溫馨和鼓動人心,充滿感染力。題外話: 其實新加坡人愛國由每家每戶都在家門前掛上國旗可見, 我新加坡的同事在國慶前夕也full team紅衣上班。每棵樹都掛著大大小小的燈泡, 這個幻彩show比香港那個還精彩,因為燈效絕不單一, 真的要以五光十色來形容,充滿層次感,我完全不覺得乏味, 很想再多看一次。那晚以幻彩show作結令我有完美的一天。
I don't have a strong impression on China Town and Sentosa, but the Supertree Grove at Marina Bay and Night Safari really an unforgettable experience. Since it is the 50th year for SG establishment, the light show in Supertree Grove is in a special edition. The theme is to praise and be thankful to the country, showing how citizens love their land. Although it is so hard sell, it is not making you uncomfortable. I feel it is so harmonic and arousing people. (PS- It is not hard to know the SG people love their country as they will hang the flag out of their house, my colleagues in SG also wear red to work before their national day to show they are so excited.) Every tree has hung lightbulbs in different shape. This light show is waaaaaay better than the laser show in Hong Kong since the special effect is not mono in SG and soooo colourful. It is out of expectation and I am not bored. I would love to go there and have a look again!! It was a perfect activity to do at night and to have a perfect ending of the day.
至於Night Safari可稱得上是重點行程,不止是我, 應該是所有香港人的重點,因為我遇見許多香港人。7點正式入場, 我們約6:30到達已經有幾百人在排隊, 心想可能要呆等很長時間,但不消半小時人龍已經消化, 我不得不稱讚新加坡人流管制做得很好, 在我等太久發脾氣之前已經被安排坐上觀光車開始夜間探險之旅! 園區夠大,遊人不會過份集中,分散在不同區域遊歷, 不會出現海洋公園熊貓館睇人頭的情況,掃慶而歸!
The other key to-do is night safari. I believe it is not only for me, but for all the Hong Kong people as well as I met a lot of Hong Kong people there. Park opened at 7pm, but hundreds of visitors were waiting already when we arrived at 6:30pm. We were expecting to wait for a couple of hours before we could get in. However, the queue was dissolved within half an hour. We are really appreciated the well organisation of the crowd control in SG. I was assigned to a tram to start the journey before I get angry and impatient. The part is sooooo big which is good, visitors will not crowded in one point but spread around in different area to enjoy their time. The situation of packing of visitors in the Panda house of Ocean Park, Hong Kong will never happen. You will be able to see the animals, but not the heads in front of you.
No comments:
Post a Comment