Thursday, 21 May 2015

點滴22 Sharing 22: 失業中 Being Unemployed 2

當你因為還未找到合適的工作而苦惱,開始有點怯,而這個時候電話響起,你一定希望是個約見面試的機會,甚至乎是一個好消息。所以當我收到這個區號+971不明來歷的電話時,我是有一絲懷疑是騙局,但好奇心驅使下還是接聽了。
When you are depressed because you can't find a suitable job and started feeling panic, at the same time, the phone rang. You would love to know you have a interview opportunity or even a good news. Thus, when I received the call with country code +971, although for one second I thought it is a scam, I picked up anyways due to curiosity.

電話中傳來外籍女士的聲音"Hello, Can I speak to Trianne please?" 我完全沒猜到這個電話會改變我接下來的命運...
From the other side, a foreign lady said "Hello, Can I speak to Trianne please?" I have no idea how this call would change my fate in the following...


談話內容不多說,因為大部份對話我不是聽不清楚就是聽不明白,即使她重覆一次我還是不知道她在問什麼,結果我胡亂說了幾句當作回應,而她又好像聽懂。簡單來說她是來自人事部,給我電話時是要進行首輪面試,由於公司總部在杜拜,所以這是一個長途電話。掛線前她說如果有消息會通知我作第二輪面試,我對這個官腔圓場沒有甚麼寄望,因為我已經弄得一團糟。
I won't tell too much about our conversation because I failed to get what she asked most of the time. Even she repeated one more time, I still did not have an idea.  To keep it short, she is from the HR department and having a first interview with me. Since the company is based in Dubai, that was a long distance call. She told me a second interview will be arranged if necessary. I was not expecting anything would happen since I already messed up the first interview.

當晚9時再次收到這間公司來電,說希望安排明天作第二輪面試。居然!!!先是和杜拜的經理作視象會議,然後跟香港經理面試,最後完成一個written test。掛線後我立刻翻查紀錄,看看公司的背景,原來是一間電子優惠卷公司,十幾年前在杜拜成立,之後不停開拓歐亞市場,2013年在香港開分公司。
I received the call from this company at 9pm, same day. They arranged me the second interview tomorrow. Unbelievable!!! I first needed to have a video conference with the manager in Dubai, followed by a face to face interview with Hong Kong manager. Last but not least is the written test. I checked my record immediately for more information of this company. This is a e-coupon company started running 10 years ago in Dubai. It developed the Euro-Asia market rapidly and set up Hong Kong office in 2013.

基本上我沒有甚麼可以準備,因為公司網頁沒有太大參考價值,只能用我真誠感動他們。
To be honest, I can't do much preparation because the company website does not have much to tell and for reference. I believed I can just show my sincere that I want the job. 

第二天下午到達上環辦公室,是一棟樓高14層的大廈,一梯兩伙,公司在頂樓,電梯只能到13樓,要多走一層樓梯。奇怪的是,公司網頁地址是中環華人行?現在我居然身在上環舊樓?
I arrived at the Sheung Wan office the next day afternoon. It is a 14 floors building, inside a narrow lane, with 2 units on each floor. The company is on the top floor while the elevator can only reach 13/F, you have to take one more stair up to 14/F. It is quite strange that the address listed on the company website is China Building in Central. How come I ended up in an old mansion in Sheung Wan? 

香港分公司規模不大,只有4個員工。如果有機會跟他們共事,我就成為第5位骨幹成員了。之前提及第二輪面試包括跟杜拜總部視象、跟香港經理會面和一個筆試,原來最後還要跟市場部經理面試,真是過五關斬六將。對於3個面試,我自問表現不錯,他們都是友善的人,過程輕鬆以聊天方式進行,反而我不滿意自已筆試的表現。
The scale of the Hong Kong office is not large with only 4 staff. If I will join this company, I will be their 5th backbone. As mentioned, the second interview consisted of video conference with Dubai office, face to face interview with Hong Kong manager and a written test. I was told there will be another interview after the test with the Marketing Manager. That was really tough and such a long process. To be honest, I felt confidence on the 3 interview. They are all nice people and I don't feel stressful at all. It was just some talk and chat. However, I was not satisfied with the performance of the written test.

他們問我"如果妳是超人,妳希望有甚麼特别能力? " Moritz 立即說"I want to fly. "這正正是我的答案!!!心理相通啊!
They asked me "If you were a superwoman, what special power you want to have?" Moritz immediately said "I want to fly." Exactly!! That´s my answer!!! OMG!!!

我一直認為因為我的筆試表現不理想,所以應該不會聘用我。就在五一假期前夕,我收到好消息,他們給我offer, 還是一個很好的offer, 一切來得太順利和容易了吧!他們還希望我上班前先到杜拜作兩星期培訓,下星期初出發,公司會安排機票食宿。
I kept feeling bad of my poor performance in the written test. It would be the reason I lose this job. Before the labour holiday on 1st May, I received a good news from them. They would like to offer me a job with a way too good offer. Everything happened seem to be easy and smooth. They wanted to send me to Dubai for a 2-week training before I started working. I will have to leave early next week and they will take care of all my expenses. 

但我居然推了。我是瘋了嗎?
However, I rejected. Am I stupid? 

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, you know what, I have been getting a couple same phone calls since a week ago. At first thought it was a misdial, so didn't pay much attention to it. Then they called me twice again later, but I didn't pick that up either. Kind of suspicious actually as am not on a job hunting lately. So I did google search and found your blog. DId you ask them how they manage to get your number and name in the first place?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is confirmed that my call is not a spam or scam. What's the country code for yours? Be careful not to pick up cos it may charge you.
    btw, what key word you google to find my post?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the same number +971789456XX?
    I googled +971, 不明電話. and found your blog.

    Did you ask them how on earth they get your name and number? And as they have an office in HK, wouldn't be easier to call out from local? you know..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nope. Thats not the number. Did you still receive the call now?

    Its a company i applied for job. ;) They called for arranging interview.

    ReplyDelete